Sunday, May 06, 2012

Marj Hearts Kaffe

At quilt retreat in February, our friend Marjorie usually brings us one of her scrap bags to play with. Since she is so generous in sharing her fabrics with us, my friend Barbara and I decided to surprise Marjorie by making her a quilt using these scraps! I showed the finished top on this design wall post in March (where you can read about the inspiration and where to find the pattern).
I did the machine quilting in April - swirls and hearts in the blue background, and lots of fun designs following the Kaffe Fassett prints in the scrap stacks.
Then we submitted the finished wallhanging to the quilt show. When Marjorie saw it hanging at the show, she liked it and said "Hey I could make a quilt like that"! 
She didn't realize it was her fabric, and the quilt was made for her. I can't believe we kept it a surprise until Marjorie saw the tag on the quilt at the show. Marjorie was the chairperson for the quilt show and she did a great job. Here is Barbara, Marjorie, me and my sister Jayne in front of the finished quilt "Marj Hearts Kaffe". We hope Marjorie enjoys her quilt as much as we enjoyed making it.  

6 comments:

Kate said...

What a fun surprise for Marg.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful surprise for Marg.
Great to see a picture of all the girls.
Sorry I wasn't able to attend the show. Loved your hints for attending a show.
Have a great day.

Dianne

Janet O. said...

Very sneaky, Kathy. So fun to surprise people like that! Cute quilt!

Elaine M said...

What a great gift and very sneaky! Love the blue, it shows off the scraps.

Sheila said...

I love what you all did with those Kaffe Fassett scraps :D

Dresden Quilter said...

The quilt is great! What a sweet thing to do!