Tuesday, September 04, 2012

UFO Update

The UFO for August was #7 on the UFO list (on the right of my blog) is the Sunflower quilt. Due to sewing machine issues, I did not get my UFO finished for August. I did make progress but needed to wait until my sewing machine comes home from the repair shop to do the quilting.
I did finish adding the borders to the top and here it is on my design wall:
I really love the outside sunflower border fabric, and can't wait to get it quilted. It will be a great fall wallhanging in my dining room. I am hoping for two UFO finishes for next month, since September's number is #11, which is my Roll, Roll Cotton Bowl.  I have great ideas (and the needed fabric) for finishing that one!

6 comments:

beaquilter said...

cool. i love the secondary star it creates in brown

Deb A said...

Any progress on UFO's should count! Looks great and a very pretty border. Boy is you machine going to be busy when it gets home from the spa!

AnnieO said...

Good that you were able to make that UFO move along--love the sunflowers. I want to finish up a couple of projects besides my UFO witches this month too.

Jean said...

You've done a great job on this quilt...did you paperpiece those points? They look awesome!

Janet O. said...

I really like this design. Nice finish!

Kate said...

Congrats on getting it to at least the flimsy stage, it's such a bummer to not have a working machine.