Saturday, June 15, 2013

Scrappy Saturday - yellow

It seems that the first week or two of the month are spent organizing the colour of the month scraps. This month is yellow, and I have been finding and cutting my yellow scraps. It makes a big difference in my quilting room overall, because as I come to other stuff, I am inclined to put it where it belongs so I can get everything more organized...just another one of the benefits of participating in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!

So far this month, I have sewn five Carrie Nation blocks with my yellow scraps. Here are 4 of them...
I am trying to avoid going too far to the 'gold' end of dark yellow.


This little wooden hanging is for a friend who thinks marshmallows are a food group! I picked it up for a birthday present for her.
I have done 3 colour months with the Rainbow Challenge of these blocks (green, blue, gold)...looking good!
Hop over to SoScrappy to see more yellow scrap blocks.

16 comments:

Julie in GA said...

Your rainbow blocks look great together!

Kate said...

Very pretty. Your scrappy blocks play together really well. It's going to be a very pretty quilt.

beaquilter said...

these look great! yeah there isn't much variance in yellow is there??

scraphappy said...

Oh, those blocks are looking good. I'll have to remember the name as it looks like an excellent scrap user block. Glad you are using the challenge as a reason to get a little organizing done. Sounds like a good by product of trying to use scraps.

Gari in AL said...

You are going to have a really beautiful quilt with this year's challenge is done.

Scrapatches said...

I love yellow and I love your blocks. Wish I had time to sew scrappy today, but I shall just have to enjoy the lovely eye candy ... :) Pat

Teresa in Music City said...

Yes indeed they are looking good! I had a hard time keeping my yellows "yellow" too - I have so many more gold scraps than true yellow. It has shown me that I need to begin adding some bright, lemon yellows to my stash!

Vivian said...

Always fun seeing what fabrics you pull out for the month's scrappy color challenge. You have an impressive group of Carrie Nation blocks. Several just jump out of the group--Charlie Brown, words, and the line drawings. No one can ever say that scrappy quilts aren't interesting.
That marshmallow sign is a hoot! and just the right color.

Janet O. said...

Your Carrie Nation blocks are a fun rainbow creation each month. They will make a great quilt.
I got a giggle from that sign--and I don't even like marshmallows! : )

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Gorgeous~! I really like that block pattern - thanks for including the reference. They look great together.

Deb A said...

Those look great together..... Are you indicating that marshmellows are NOT a food group? My bag of them in the pantry is covering it's ears since it does not want to believe you.

Sherrill said...

Love those..so pretty!!

Amy said...

Cool! Cool! Cool! Cool!

Aunt 'Reen said...

Such beautiful Carrie Nation blocks!

Karen said...

Your rainbow blocks are really looking good together.
the sign is cute. Hope you have a good day.

Sheila said...

I love your blocks! Perfect for scrappy, colorful quilts.