Saturday, September 21, 2013

Scrappy Saturday - Moving on to baby blues



It's a slow start to the day following Friday Night Sew-In!
What can I say??
FNSI is exhausting (in a good way)!

Some progress was actually made on the scrappy spools. Here is my collection after three months (yellow, aqua, and red) of spool construction....about 120 blocks.  It's looking good if I do say so myself!




I have made a few baby blue blocks, but there won't be many of those in my spool collection. I'm not a big fan of pastels except for baby quilts, and I haven't made many of those recently.






I also tried to work on my cocoa cup blocks for my Deckade the Halls quilt. Progress on these blocks was impeded by trying a new recipe for rhubarb slush (click here for recipe). Let's just say I love it and we'll leave it at that! 
If I work really hard over the weekend, and stay away from the rhubarb slushies, I might be able to post all my completed blocks for my design wall post on Monday. 
To see more rainbow challenge blocks, hop over to SoScrappy and check out the links.

19 comments:

Ellen said...

Your spools look so pretty! Thank you for link to the drink...it looks very refreshing!!

Sheila said...

I'm loving those spools!

audrey said...

Great spool quilt! Wonderful colors.:)

Janet O. said...

Your bow ties look so pretty in their bands of color!
I can see how a cup of cool slushie stuff would make it difficult to focus on cocoa mugs. : )

Sarah said...

Very pretty!

Pat said...

The spools look great!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Wow - that's a lot of spools!

Nanna said...

cute blcoks, loving the spools!
Helen

Jill said...

Pretty baby blue spools. I like their skinny shape.

Kim said...

Love the spools

margaret said...

spools look very good as does the rhubarb drink

Deb A said...

The drink sounds yummy! Spools look wonderful all together.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Your spools look amazing! Love them.

Lesley said...

Love seeing those pretty spools!

Deanna W said...

Slushies eh!!!Should you be driving a sewing machine when drinking...could sew a finger or two! lol

Andee said...

Spools are looking good. I need to dig mine out and turn them into a quilt soon.

Kate said...

Those spool blocks look great. Very colorful.

Kate said...

Those spool blocks look great. Very colorful.

Jeanneke said...

Love your spools!
And I think your contribution to the Blog Hop is a masterpeace.
Cheers,

Jeanneke.