Sunday, May 17, 2015

Slow Stitching Sunday


Life is Beautiful block #8


It is the Victoria Day weekend here so we have a nice 3 day weekend to relax. Some years we have gone camping, but this year there is too much to do at home. This weekend will be full of yard work and garden prep.
And some hand stitching of course! During Friday Night Sew In I finished the embroidery on block #8 of Life is Beautiful this week. 



And then I started the next block right away!  I will be putting some stitches in this bee while sitting outside today. I will look for some real bees and put out some flowers for them to enjoy.
What are you stitching today? Link up your blog post below and share your hand stitching with us.






14 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Enjoy your holiday! :) These embroidery blocks are so pretty : )

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

hope you are having a great weekend - too much rain here to enjoy it all that much

Deb A said...

Sounds like a great day planned. Enjoy.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Your blocks are gorgeous. Stitching outside is so delightful, isn't it? I plan to spend my morning and afternoon doing much of that myself. ;-)

CathieJ said...

Block #8 is so pretty. I love the saying. Enjoy your long weekend of gardening and sewing.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love these little stitcheries. Enjoy your long weekend.

Lisa J. said...

Yes I have lots of gardening to do here as well. I love the tiny stitches in your bee.

Quilting Stories said...

Enjoy your long week-end and gardening! Very sweet embroided block!

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Love your red-work! I hope you have a wonderful holiday and get to spend some time in the garden.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Long weekends home are always good. I continue to enjoy your red work...so cute!

Kaelyn Angelfoot said...

I like those Life is Beautiful blocks. So encouraging!

Janet O. said...

Are those tiny wings on that big bee? Defies science, I'm sure! *LOL*
Enjoy your garden--I'm enjoying the weeds growing in mine right now. Need to get out and conquer them eventually. : )

Maria said...

You did some lovely stitching on your blocks.

Kate said...

I love those little stitched blocks. Hope you really enjoyed your 3 day weekend.