Thursday, July 30, 2015

July Binding Blitz

Can you believe I did not finish one single quilt in the month of June? However, I did make progress on many projects, which enabled me to finish 3 quilts in July.


The first finish is a wallhanging called "Always Home" (pattern by Country Quilts and I bought my copy at Heart 'n Home). All the fabrics in this quilt are plaid homespuns which makes it a soft quilt. It was very relaxing to sew the 124" of plaid binding around this finished quilt. I wish I would've had enough fabric to cut a bias binding, which my favourite in plaids, but I didn't so it's a regular bifold binding.


The second July finish is my  Scrap Squad quilt made with Kansas Troubles fabrics, and the binding used up most of the leftover scraps. This photo shows the backing of the quilt.  The perimeter of this quilt is 268".

The third finish is a "Tiny Tumble" that was started and finished within the same month! That's about as rare as a unicorn - you've heard of them, but not seen one before! Here it is! It adds a whole 33" to my binding total for the month.

At the end of July, let's tally the binding stitched so far this year:
January - 586"
February - 326"
March - 564" 
April - 0"
May - 385" 
June - 0"
July - 425" 

Total = 2,286"

I'll link up to the Binding Blitz party over at Julie's at the end of the month.
I intend to just celebrate that binding total, and not even notice that my UFO of the month did not become one of the quilts that were finished this month. Sheesh. I wanted it to be, but it just didn't happen.

17 comments:

scraphappy said...

Such a sense of satisfaction to settle down and take those last stitches. Congratulations! Finishes are so fun

Deb A said...

My goodness! You are putting me to shame... my UFO list is just sitting there staring at me on the side of my page while I keep starting new things! Two more days this month.... hmmmm maybe I can make a back and just simple quilt one in the next day or two?

Flickenstichlerin said...

Wow,
you are so dedicated, lots of binding got done and beautiful quilts finsihed.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I will begin binding stitching today - a good 400 inches of it at least.

CathieJ said...

I only finished one binding this month. Congrats on finishing three as well as that beautiful little quilt.

Needled Mom said...

That's a lot of binding!

Janet O. said...

Sounds like lots of binding to me!
I love the reference to the unicorn. Start to finish only happens on minis for me--and even then, not often. : )

Deanna W said...

Just too many things to do!! What is a girl to do but continue on the journey and hope something will get finished!!!eventually!!

Mary said...

Lots of Binding makes up for no UFO finish. Try Counting how many blocks you make a year...
I have made a few this month.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Good for you. I had lots of starts this past month, but, no finishes since May.

audrey said...

Lots of good finishes.:) Fun to have such a quick start to finish too.:)

Gina said...

Great finishes. I've been on a monthly binding blitz aswell

Quilt Rat said...

I know that a lot of quilters are not very fond of the binding process.....it is actually one of my favourite things about the creation of a quilt.....and yes...there is just "something" about stitching those plaids!

Kate said...

That's a lot of binding! Even though you didn't get a UFO done, you did great at keeping projects off the UFO list. That has to count too.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I love this linky.....I'm sure to be able to participate once I start binding all my summer finishes. You got a lot done....good job!!

Nancy said...

Congratulations THREE quilts bound! I really, really like the plaid quilt. I think scrappy and plaid are my favorites.

Missy Shay said...

Congrats on your finishes!