Sunday, July 19, 2015

Slow Sunday Stitching

"Hmm.... what's this... A CAT?"
It's slow sunday stitching time!
I am doing everything a little more slowly today due to all the excitement I have had this month so far! 
Last week while visiting fellow slow stitcher Deanna in North Bay, I finished another block for my Life is Beautiful project. 
"Who's cuter? Dogs or cats?"
My work was checked by Belle the canine inspector. She was not amused that it was a cat. She tried to show me how cute she was, and asked if there was a dog block also? Of course there is, and I reassured her that no one was cuter than her. She is adorable!
Life is Beautiful block #13
And here is the finished block - "Life is what you make it to be". I am living that out this month with so many weekend adventures that I can hardly keep up with myself. But I am hand stitching everywhere I go, and having a blast! 
How's your summer going?
Tell us about your hand stitching project, and link up your blog post below.





17 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

I hops Max does not read this post--he might get his nose out of joint if he thought there was another dog cuter than him!!!!! I love your Life is Beautiful blocks...lovely sentiments and stitching! Have a great day!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Bella is one lovely dog! :)

Created by Kathi said...

Belle is such a cutie! Love your kitty block too! Do you have a light interfacing behind your hand work? Love it! Kathi

scraphappy said...

Such a sweet puppy! Glad you have some hand work ready to carry along on your adventures.

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

Cute block...and such a cute pup too!

CathieJ said...

Belle is adorable. So is your stitching.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Love your dog - so cute. Even though I am machine quilting a quilt I will be taking time to do some hand quilting and maybe work on my apple cores on the porch this morning while it is still nice outside.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

LOL!! I love your post!!! OUr dogs are so funny....and such hams....aren't they!! DOn't ya just love bringing stitiching everywhere you go. I continue to love your Life Is Beautiful blocks!! (Makes me anxious to see them all finished and together!) Thanks for the SUnday linky!!

Carol Swift said...

Cute, cute block though your puppy kind of takes the spotlight. He's adorable!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Awww, no one is cuter than sweet Belle! And that cat block is adorable! I love it.

Cathi said...

Your Life Is Beautiful blocks are fabulous! I love seeing your progress on them. Adorable dogs and cats always are the stars of posts, and your Belle is no exception. What a beauty!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

These are the cutest little blocks and you are keeping right up on them. No slow today - have deadlines to meet.

SandraC said...

Love your Life is Beautiful block....haven't done one of mine in a few weeks, so I'm going to go now and prepare the next one...thanks for the inspiration!

Debra said...

Belle is beautiful!!! Love your block... but I am partial to cats! LOL

Turid said...

Lovely embroideries you make. I love them all.

Michelle said...

Your cat block really is cute. I say that not because I'm a huge cat lover. Hee,heee. Really, truly it is lovely.

Deanna W said...

OMG it is a good thing she is so cute...Belle misses having you all around! Now she only has dad to spoil her!!