Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Mid Month UFO Report - Swoon #6

I am impressing myself with my commitment to finishing the Swoon quilt. I pieced the blocks in 2012, but didn't start machine quilting them until February of this year and have just finished block #6. I have two more weeks to machine quilt the remaining 3 blocks to meet my UFO goal.
Swoon block #5

This is how I start from the centre point of the block to stitch the 8 seed shapes that mimic the design on this grey fabric.


This is a great photo that shows the quilting lines in this block. 
Loving it so far!
I will be finishing these blocks using a Quilt-As-You-Go technique (tutorial here). With only 3 more blocks to finish, I am getting excited to see these blocks become a finished quilt.

9 comments:

Jeanna said...

I've said before how much I love Swoon and I love the fabrics you selected for your quilt.

I've never used the QAYG technique so will check out the tutorial. Thanks for sharing.

Stitchin At Home said...

Love how the quilting mimics the fabric.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Beautiful stitching, Kathy! :)

Kate said...

Love that star in the center of the blocks. Beautiful stitching.

Monica said...

I think you were very wise in your goal-setting, Kathy! I have to learn to pace myself better. I'm interested to see how you will join the blocks!

Janet O. said...

Always a good thing when you can impress even yourself! : )
I'm sure you will make you goal. The quilting looks really good!

liniecat said...

Stunning - love the way this is looking : )

Unknown said...

Hi Kathy - I recognise that tutorial -haha. Hope you're well xx

Barb said...

Good For You! I just loved your opening sentence!